The song that’s stuck in your head right now

What a set of albums. I was lucky enough to see her at the Barbican in London last year - my, she’s still got it and then some.

Coincidentally her Instagram posted this today:

“The video for “Sharkey’s Day,” from Laurie’s 1984 album, ‘Mister Heartbreak,’ is now on YouTube via link in bio. She says: “A goofy song with lots of images from my dreams. I believe in dream language and like to picture the sun that looks like a big bald head rising up over the grocery store.””

“Paging Mr. Sharkey, white courtesy telephone please…”

7 Likes

You’ve already paid for this
Listen to my heartbeat
SQWARAWREAWAHAHWARR!!!

4 Likes

This version in particular.

5 Likes

Less a song and more a whole album.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry. Now I have the mental images of the first time I went to Billy Bob’s in Ft. Worth - Pac Man Fever was blasting on the PA. I think it might be stuck in my head now, too. Oh well, dislodges the song that’s been stuck in my head for a week:

4 Likes

Algorithm served this up. Now I want to travel to the UK to see her in concert!

3 Likes

This might be my favorite version of the song.

5 Likes

[Damned thing is back stuck in my head. It just won’t dislodge.]

3 Likes

Typical, you wait years for a concept album inspired by Amelia Earhart, and two come along at once - just like buses:

And this new one from PSB, latest track featuring a fave singer of mine - Kate Stables a.k.a. This Is The Kit:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Let me establish right up front - this is me:

My mom, though, had all their records and especially freaking loved Jackson Browne. I think because when I was born dad was in Vietnam and she was living with a friend in Woodlawn CA, and if you were a Californian in the early 1970’s you were required by state law to stan Jackson Browne and the Eagles.

Anyway I had to go in a Dollar General three days ago and (I bet you can tell where this is heading) guess what was playing on the damn speakers and now won’t leave me the fuck alone?

However, in honor of my mom - the most wonderful kind loving compassionate woman ever who died unexpectedly two years ago and I miss her zentangles in the mail and her voice on the phone - I’m linking to Jackson’s recording instead of, you know, the fucking one I keep hearing in my head.

5 Likes

Very literally, this one by Clamavi de Profundis:

2 Likes

I’ve got snippets from Muse’s Black Holes and Revelations jumping about in my head lately, but beside that, owing to my recent play of Thank Goodness You’re Here!, I’ve had the pleasure of this Yorkshire folk ditty echoing in my brain-case:

3 Likes

This song. All. Day. LONG!

Thanks @Mindysan33 !

5 Likes

Sorry Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Cartoon Network Breakfast GIF

Me too… me too… it’s so catchy!

8 Likes

This song got into my head after seeing something about Debbie Harry’s first film role Union City (and not Union City Blue. Less familiar with the tune)
Clem Burke beats the drums like they owe him money.

4 Likes
2 Likes

It’s been one of those days.

I wouldn’t raise a finger to stop her. I’m tact, I’m right there to help her.

5 Likes

Came on while watching some YouTube video. Now there’s a rave in my head at 2:30am

5 Likes

All day yesterday and again today from the moment I woke up. :cry:

At least someone made a video from Skyrim, that’s pretty cool.

4 Likes

This probably does not speak well to my mental health…

2 Likes