The Star-Nosed Mole is one of Earth's most bizarre-looking creatures

Originally published at: The Star-Nosed Mole is one of Earth's most bizarre-looking creatures | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Yeah, 100% nightmare fuel with slight hint of Cthulhu flavor.

6 Likes

Especially when you see what their skulls look like:

4 Likes

The Star-Nosed Mole is one of Earth’s most bizarre-looking creatures

Just after Roger Stone

*I know body shaming is wrong. But if making fun of Roger Stone’s head is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.

3 Likes

City of Ember has entered the chat.

3 Likes

Please tell me that photo has been altered. It looks far too much like Bill Griffith’s, Zippy the Pinhead an underground comix star also noted for distinctive attire.

2 Likes

nope gif, nope gif, nope gif

I remember this from Little Monsters

1 Like

I think they’re kinda cute. I bet if you tickled that star spangled nose he’d be wiggly like a puppy having belly scritches.

8 Likes

We have them around our house. I’ve always thought they’re kind of cute, too. Never got the opportunity to tickle one, but if I do, I’ll let you know!

4 Likes

Oh, let me know as well, please. I have some vague memory to zoology lectures telling me that this nose appendages show the highest number of touch receptors per area known to date. I wonder if this still true - and or course what a star-nosed mole would feel if you tickle it’s nose…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.