'The Streets of San Francisco' had a great theme

The 60s and 70s had the best television theme songs and incidental music. Don’t forget Jonny Quest, Emergency! Not to mention I just bought the complete Peter Gunn box set. Those cats were jazzy, man.

1 Like

Ah, high school band, a field show classic. I don’t think any of us even realized it was a show, but it was nice to have something jazzier than Souza-style marches.

1 Like

You can never go wrong with Henry Mancini

3 Likes

So true. Henry Mancini was a big part of the audio mix of my childhood.

1 Like

ugh…that is NOT the Barney Miller theme song!

This is the Barney Miller theme song:

Especially if the voice-over had said, "Tonight’s episode: ‘A Difficult Decision’ "

1 Like

The Emergency! theme is straight-up work-out music.

And then Van der Valk’s all, like, “That’s your problem, Sarge.” He flips his jacket over his shoulder, the cute lady rookie takes his arm, and off he goes.

1 Like

Quinn Martin is our lord:

Heads up, @chgoliz

Jeebus, load them up in the proper ratio. But yeah good tune.

There is no one singular version of the Barney Miller theme.

There were several versions with changes every season. That, and there were even slight variations between the opening and closing credits within seasons.

Read Ferguson’s daughters comments in the very link you provided. She states this very clearly. It’s not as if the variations in this–and other–show themes is a deep secret. In fact, given how often actual artists were hired to do the themes, it should be nothing other than expected…

This link takes you to some of the variations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II71tmVsKrE

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.