Some favorite TV theme songs

[Read the post]

1 Like

Even as a bobling, I always thought there was something oddly suggestive about the 3-2-1 Contact theme song.

8 Likes

This will always be my favourite.

3 Likes

A friend of mine bought The TV Theme Song Sing-Along Song Book by John Javna back in the '80’s. There was also a second volume. I’ve been meaning to find both.

2 Likes

OMG I loved 3-2-1 Contact!

5 Likes

No love for The Avengers?

16 Likes

THANK YOU for the 3-2-1 Contact nostalgia trip; I loved that show dearly as well as Electric Company. When did PBS lose its funk?

The decidedly unfunky theme to Big Blue Marble is such a late-70s classic. It even ends with a biracial couple with an Asian kid. So awesome.

11 Likes
6 Likes

Awesome intro, but sadly the show itself didn’t hold up very well :frowning: I was just trying to rewatch it a couple months ago and couldn’t get past the first few episodes

Animaniacs, on the other hand…

4 Likes

I’m just going to post other 80s kids shows intros.

3 Likes

I watched some super crap cartoons as a kid.

Hercules!

Speed Racer!

Groovie Goolies!

13 Likes

I always felt faintly sad when I watched the start of "Taxi"

15 Likes

Henry Mancini is a genius.

Darth Does Dallas:

9 Likes

Some of my favorite lousy shows in the early '80s had very memorable theme songs, nonetheless.

6 Likes

If anime counts, and it should, Cowboy Bebop is the hands-down winner forever.

I have to admit the Steven Universe theme song has grown on me. There’s no reason why I should like it, musically, but the association with the show and the anticipation of getting hit by either a wave of cute or a freight train of feels has lodged it in my brain.

13 Likes

I reserve the right to post more tv themes, at any time. I was trying to turn my wasted time into time well used…

8 Likes

I loved Gimme a Break. Although it tainted my later viewing of “The Wire” as I figured any high-ranking ethnically Polish police official was basically a nice guy who had a hard time dealing with his young daughters at home (which was sort of true with Major Valcheck, too)

2 Likes

This is exactly where I am emotionally as well. Perfectly primed to grin from ear to ear when that extended “Weeeeee” starts up.

2 Likes

What, no love for The Rockford Files?

13 Likes

I love how the opening bass line transitions to the sax - it’s like “This is our setting, but these are our characters.”

8 Likes