The struggles and triumphs of Indigenous communities around the world

6 Likes

Wow, this is really good analysis. Thanks for posting.

Disclosure: am a big fan of Reservation Dogs and was hoping they’d get at least one more season.

4 Likes

Same here. I also like Resident Alien, for its’ legitimate inclusion of Indigenous characters.

7 Likes

Resident Alien just started showing up on Netflix, so I’ve been interested in watching it.

4 Likes

Alan Tudyk is great in it.

5 Likes

I’m really lazy. I left it until the last minute and I don’t know if I’ll have time to go to the Downtown to check for Hiromi Nagakura’s photo exhibition with images he took in the Brazilian Amazon guided by environmentalist and writer Ailton Krenak between 1993 and 1998. Mr. Nagakura registered pictures of people from the Yanomami, Xavante, Krikati, Gavião, Yawanawá, Huni Kuin and Ashaninka indigenous nations.

At least I can download the catalog of the exhibition.

ETA

I finally managed to go to Downtown and visit Mr. Nagakura’s photo exhibition. What a wonderful collection of images of indigenous people. Mr. Krenak took Mr. Nagakura to distant parts of Brazilian Territory and they met some proud people who were trying to keep their lifestyle alive in spite of the pressure of the modern world and greedy bad people.

3 Likes

More on indigenous protesters in New Caledonia after Macron’s visit:

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

[A Century Ago, This Law Underscored the Promises and Pitfalls of Native American Citizenship | Smithsonian (smithsonianmag.com)]

4 Likes
5 Likes

Context

https://www.ohchr.org/en/statements-and-speeches/2023/06/brazil-un-expert-concerned-about-legal-doctrine-threatening

3 Likes

Mike Yard K GIF by The Nightly Show

6 Likes

6 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

Oh, excellent! His previous book, Comanche Empire was fantastic… I’ll be putting this one on my list to read for sure!

6 Likes
7 Likes