Dildo throwing rebels hold Paiute artifacts hostage, refer to native peoples as "savages"

[Read the post]

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone has actually tallied the ratio of “treaties with American Indians that the United States government has honored” versus “treaties with American Indians that the United States government has shit all over.”

35 Likes

Zero : ALL

29 Likes

That estimate looks to be about right, at least according to Partnership with Native Americans.

Over 500 treaties were made with American Indian tribes, primarily for land cessations, but 500 treaties were also broken, changed or nullified when it served the government’s interests.

And Republicans are pissed off that the Obama administration signed a treaty with Iran. Because they aren’t trustworthy enough to make treaties with.

49 Likes

“Dildo throwing rebels”

I’m interested, very interested in this male on male TeaBagger Patriot mating dance.

11 Likes

12 Likes

over copy million in unpaid grazing fees

What does this mean?

4 Likes

Dehumanizing the enemy makes it easier to kill them.

4 Likes

Maybe it would be a good idea if, for once, the government honored a treaty with the local NA tribe and prosecuted the occupying aggressors for whatever damage they did/do to Native artifacts and sites. Win for the local people, win for the Burns Paiute tribe, win for the government who comes out looking good (to everyone but the idiots who precipitated this standoff).

17 Likes

I believe there were two that were actually honored. At least for longer than usual.

6 Likes

You beat me to it! As one of the “savages”, I think that natives who expect the feds to help are being a bit naive.

The supposition seems to be predicated upon the belief that being a human makes one special somehow. It only works if one is already speciesist.

3 Likes

It means that the search-and-replace function in MS Word failed.

5 Likes

This might be news to you but the vast majority of humans think humans are more important than other animals.

That’s why ranching is legal, but concentration camps aren’t.

14 Likes

It’s certainly not news to me! But I do dismiss it as being almost entirely self-serving bias. I haven’t seen the evidence to back it up.

5 Likes

20 Likes

Guess those rebels learned a lot from the very same government they’re seeking to overthrow:

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

–Ye Olde Declaration of Independence

8 Likes

Regardless, if I said I will live up to a promise and didnt–like breaking a treaty–that makes me the fucktard.

A promise was made to this tribe. The promise is not being lived up to. Even if some don’t like it, that promise should be honored.

13 Likes

Yallqaeda Libertarianism is mighty attractive to those that think they may get a free lunch if they can beat down everyone else. I have no other explanation.

12 Likes

You’re being very treaty binary you know. :wink:

6 Likes

Dude, “Fucktard” is not the preferred nomenclature. Fuckwad, please.

17 Likes