"The Super Hero's Journey" is a gorgeous graphic celebration of Marvel Comics

Originally published at: "The Super Hero's Journey" is a gorgeous graphic celebration of Marvel Comics | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I was fortunate enough to get my copy signed by the artist at Baltimore Comic Con a couple of weeks ago. He asked me to pick a superhero and I chose Hulk!

Superheroes are not necessarily my preferred genre of graphic fiction (I spent way more at Small Press Expo the same weekend), however this book is beautiful, and I look forward to future readings!

Also, Mutts is a great daily comic!

3 Likes

Give me the biographies of real heroes and heroines any day.

1 Like

7377f7f9fcae4046b32e4aa5c1d24e4cfafad253_2_690x217

We are capable of celebrating both. I mean, these superheroes don’t exist in a vacuum. They are a reflection of our world and our values, and Marvel superheroes especially have often represented battles against real world ills. The X-Men have always been an allegory for the fight against discrimination based on who people are. I think that’s worth celebrating. Sure, the Lovings should also be celebrated, but this isn’t an either/or situation. This isn’t pie.

3 Likes

Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.