The time three gentlemen tried to steal a cell phone tower

Originally published at: The time three gentlemen tried to steal a cell phone tower | Boing Boing

6 Likes

That’s bold, even for scrappers.

Meth is stupid. People get high on meth and then have unlimited energy for days at a time to do really stupid shit like tear down infrastructure, all for the purpose of acquiring MORE meth.

We need automatic robotic trash cans that dole out little pellets of meth for picking up litter and cleaning up illicit dumping sites. But you know they’d only sneak into landfills and steal trash to feed to automatic meth-dispensing robotic trash cans. Because meth is stupid.

16 Likes

Fun fact: In Bithlo, FL (east or Orlando) most of the local TV and radio stations have tall broadcast antennas. While work was being done of one of them a guy wire some how became loose. Poor sap at the top rode it all the way down.

3 Likes

This is why I could never really buy into Breaking Bad. If you’ve ever spent any amount of time around meth heads, it’s just dirty, gross and chaotic all day and night. And if they’re on a multi-day run look out for day 3+. They get crazy paranoid and begin having waking nightmares. It’s horrifying. My best childhood friend fell down that hole and I got side-carred into the world. It was all the warning I needed never to touch the shit.

17 Likes

Or invade Russian in Winter!

8 Likes

i lost sympathy for the tower owner at the word “disused.” even when disguised as trees, those things are damn ugly. so if they are “disused,” they should be removed. or don’t get upset when someone takes it down for you.

5 Likes

Holy shit, I hope that wasn’t my old roommate. :flushed:

4 Likes

Or Ukraine just as the mud season starts.

8 Likes

Apparently, they still haven’t caught Florida Man. Folks need to take notes.

6 Likes

Long cables.

8 Likes

I did not know that they had worked that out. Wow.

Yes, /s/h.

3 Likes

Probably not. IIRC it was in 1972

2 Likes

Well, there’s something to be said for being ambitious. If you’re going to crime, you might as well take it to the extremes. Just glad no one was hurt by this utterly stupid idea.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.