The town of Dildo does not want to be used in sex toy ads

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/21/the-town-of-dildo-does-not-wan.html

4 Likes

Self promotion is hard.

20 Likes

Okay this thread can be closed now.

15 Likes

I guess Come By Chance wouldn’t work in promotions?

9 Likes

This is why it’s important to establish a safeword.

Is it just me, or does the quote from Our Pleasure owner Cathy Daniels make no sense? I’m trying to guess the question asked that would lead to that response.

And? That means it’s time to bust out the rubber dongs? hm.

1 Like

You must be jacking… I MEAN JOKING, JOKING!!

4 Likes

Oh, I’ve been to Dildo Town before, let me tell ya.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Not as well as Climax, Saskatchewan.

Leaving Climax:

6 Likes

“OK… just gimme, like, 15 minutes.”
[starts snoring loudly]

6 Likes

I can’t believe this is a hard sell.

7 Likes

There must be some kind of kink in their thinking that makes them so perverse. A deep, penetrating look at the town’s assets is in order; just bare everything and spread the truth wide.

4 Likes

This really needs a gif from an old timey movie with Kirk Douglas or Charlton Heston or similar saying with a booming stage voice, “AS YOU SOW, SO SHALL YOU REAP.”

1 Like

So the town is saying their name doesn’t peg them? Doesn’t quite hit it on the head? Are they accusing Our Pleasure of a dick move?

6 Likes

I think the townsfolk didn’t only complain about the town being abused for a stunt.
But about the dirty stuff of presenting Dildo in Dildo in public. So the moral folks had a problem with sex (toys) in general.

1 Like

Since many areas in PA are conservative, I hope companies like that avoid Intercourse and Virginville! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.