The Trump administration won't re-open enrollment for Healthcare.gov and the Affordable Care Act

The cruelty is the point, etc, etc.

2 Likes

Scam is right. Back at the end of the dotcom crash, I did it for one month before seeing that trying to pay for the pricey executive-grade health plan I’d negotiated with my now-shuttered employer myself would have taken a serious bite out of my savings in short order. So in the space of 45 days I went from full coverage to “hit by a bus” minimal coverage.

I already knew back then that the main purpose of the American health insurance system was to enrich the shareholders of the for-profit insurers, but my experience with that supposed “consumer protection” programme with its almost mocking name confirmed it.

2 Likes

I remember being offerd cobra when the company I worked for laid off a bunch of people including me. I had just been released from hospital for a broken hip and after finding out the cost of cobra, opted to just pay for my phisical therapy myself after negotiating a cash price with the therapist. I basically offered her the monthly premium they wanted for cobra and she jumped at it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.