The unofficial BBS earnings poll

How much money do you earn annually before tax? Individual earnings, not total household earnings.

• <$5,000
  • $5K–$10K
  • $10K–$15K
  • $15K–$30K
  • $30K–$50K
  • $50K–$100K
  • $100K–$300K
  • $300K–$1M
  • >$1M

0 voters

In US$.
(Today’s exchange rates: $1 = £0.71 = €0.88 = 元6.48 = ¥110 = ₽69)

Not a properly controlled poll; no accuracy is guaranteed, but try not to fib.

2 Likes

Well, we can tell @japhroaig hasn’t answered this yet.

5 Likes

I have above average intelligence, below average earning, and a small dick.:sunglasses:

10 Likes

I have exactly average intelligence, above average earnings, and also have a small dick :smiley:

6 Likes

I have average intelligence, average earnings, and am a dick. :smiley:

15 Likes

UK disability welfare isn’t taxed (yet!) so I can’t give an accurate answer. I don’t think it will actually affect my answer, but it might.

3 Likes

Don’t come to the US - the Gov never saw an income it didn’t covet.

1 Like

How do I convert between how much I earn and how much I get paid?

9 Likes

Too much information, dude.

3 Likes

It’s also got kind of an upward curve…

5 Likes

Information, there is too much of it!

5 Likes

If it’s not taxed at the moment, then it’s not taxed for the purpose of the poll. This is about what you’re earning this year, not what you might be earning in the future.

Besides:[quote=“Nelsie, post:1, topic:76147”]
How much money do you earn annually before tax?
[/quote]

$50K-$100K is a wiiiiiide bracket, and changes significantly upon where you live.

In Scranton PA, $48K was allowing us to live well.

$55K in CT and we were in the hole.

Also adding family-size into the mix changes things up a bit, too.

Anyway.

14 Likes

I’m an artist; I’ve been drawing since I was two years old.

That means that I always have a boring day job which doesn’t pertain to my degree in order to pay the bills, and that I’ve always known that its highly unlikely that I’ll ever be rich, or even “socially secure.”

Also I’ve lived in the Bay Area extensively, so I can personally attest that the cost of living there is astronomical, and the general perspective about what’s actually “affordable” to the average person is severely skewed.

*waits

11 Likes

I think this is one of those days when employers are glad that I’m not working for them.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think this poll actually takes into account purchasing power. Such is life.

6 Likes

I have no reliable way of measuring my intelligence, have above average earnings for where I live, but approximately average for the sector that I work in, and have a name which is often nicknamed “Dick.”

On the subject of which bracket I’m in: I chose the $30K-50K bracket because you specified USD; if the USD-CAD exchange rate makes its way back to parity, I’d be in the $50K-100K bracket.

1 Like

This must be what they mean when they say, “Information wants to be free!”

1 Like

Nevertheless, it’s an interesting poll.

3 Likes

“It be’s like that sometimes…”

You mean outside of all the unnecessary info about strangers’ dicks, or the lack thereof?

Totally…

*lolz

2 Likes