The unstoppable rise of Instagram "couple comics"

Originally published at: The unstoppable rise of Instagram "couple comics" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This so Meta.

3 Likes

I will have to watch the video in a bit, but I have seen some of the comics from Maya and Yehuda DeVir. I think they are delightful and enjoy the artistic style.

3 Likes

OH oh, if we are nominating “couple comics”, I like Chiara Baustista’s work, which often focuses on Star Wolf and Moon Bunny.

Though on occasion, she does work featuring herself and BF James O’Barr of The Crow fame.

2 Likes

I really like the artwork and humor of One Of Those Days. I’d much rather delve into this fluff than couples who have taken over social media video feeds with hyped up anticipation videos, which must have a payment algorithm tied to how long people are glued to it.

1 Like

I dropped in to say the same thing. His art often reminds me of Matt Wagner and his work on series like “Mage.” Delightful and whimsical and fun. I don’t keep up with them (because I’m still just not into celebrities for the sake of celebritiduitousness), but glad to hear they’re enjoying their successes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.