The upcoming Kevin Feige and Patty Jenkins Star Wars movies have been canceled

Originally published at: The upcoming Kevin Feige and Patty Jenkins Star Wars movies have been canceled | Boing Boing

3 Likes

This all just seems like corporation-as-sportsteam hype. Kinda the geek equivalent of celebrity gossip.
The Disney juggernaut continues to make money hand over fist, making the odd dud, the odd gem and a whole heap of mediocrity. The wheel turns, snaring both wild talent and wilder sociopathy in it’s gears. Hollywood was ever so.

5 Likes

Breaking news! Movie in early development now in cold storage! Coming up, news about new developments forthcoming!

2 Likes

As much as I enjoy Pixar films, I think it’s been more than just a few years since they were “firing on all cylinders.” Turning Red was good, but personally I think their last great film was Coco, which was back in 2017.

2 Likes

All this smells like self-hyping for stock purposes. Announce a new hot director taking on a tent-pole property… ohhh, Disney is on the way up! Look at us, we’re hot property - buy our stocks … then you can only dance for so long before the tune goes sour and you need to cut the loses.

2 Likes

Obi Wan Kenobi as “Alec Guinness” in Star Wars (1977)

Hyuk hyuk hyuk!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.