Star Wars in 2021

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/01/star-wars-in-2021.html

1 Like

I’m not totally up-to-date on the Star Wars universe, so my hangover eyes read it as “The Bad Bitch” and thought “huh, kinda edgy for Star Wars, but sounds cool.”

3 Likes

“Disney CEO admits they released ‘too many Star Wars films over a short period of time’. ‘Less is more’ Bob Iger said, in a recent radio interview.”

If you think having an attention span for Star-Wars-watching is hard, try remembering to make less money!

1 Like

YODA: Already here, it is

9 Likes

bring it. if this season of the Mandalorian is any indication of what’s to come, i’m all in. it seems like under the guiding hand of Filoni, they really seem to get it now.

3 Likes

Too much Star Wars. Too much Marvel. Too much DC. None of this stuff feels special anymore.

Also: I remember the days when not every BoingBoing article was a short paragraph and a link to a YouTube video. I miss those days.

1 Like

I’m reminded of a Paramount executive saying when “Voyager” came out that “no, we aren’t going to the Star Trek well too many times, there’s a lot of enthusiasm and interest for Star Trek out there”.

A few years later, I read an interview where they used exactly the same metaphor about going to the well too many times to say what had gone wrong.

The Mandalorian is cool. (At least, the first season was; haven’t seen the second yet.) Adding another series might be an interesting idea. But all of a sudden announcing extreme overload just seems… foolish.

We should have a pool on how many of these planned series (and movies) are cancelled (or just never talked about any more) by 2021 Dec 31.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.