The US has spent $122B training foreign cops and soldiers in 150+ countries, but isn't sure who

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/13/the-us-has-spent-122b-trainin.html

3 Likes

Ah, so that’s why we can’t fix the USA’s infrastructure.

Got it!

3 Likes

We’re really good at being incompetent. Dunning-Kruger in action.

5 Likes

Would it surprise anyone to know that NYC’s pre-k expansion had almost the exact same challenges? And that’s domestic professionals in only 5 boroughs…

3 Likes
  • Trump 2016!
4 Likes

Ha, I just noticed the typo in the above graphic I posted… “no nothing”. How ironic.

6 Likes

Luckily, your confidence pushed you through.

5 Likes

Reminds me of the old joke - What does the ‘N’ stand for on the Nebraska football helmets? - Knowledge

4 Likes

All that money, and these foreign militaries we train still get their asses handed to them by a handful of idiots riding around in Hiluxes. Over and over again.

3 Likes

I was about to post my reaction but then realized it would probably be auto-deleted for exceeding the expletive ratio.

1 Like

like the N - on the U of Nebraska football helmets. Stands for Nolledge!

We’ve also given a lot of people HumVee’s. And sold them used pickup trucks cheap.

These enemies aren’t going to just make themselves!!!

3 Likes

I’m seriously starting to wonder if this is the DoD’s central dictum, as well as their default strategy for securing funding.

2 Likes

Awesome - how to pick fights and lose them 101.

You know, Ghandi didn’t win by picking up a gun. And nobody made any money when he didn’t do that.

follow the money. Someone didn’t lose.

1 Like

These programs help those who need it most - defense contractors.

/sarcasm

Isn’t the military essentially a gigantic slush fund at this point?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.