The USB C to USB is 1/1oth the price of the meme

Can’t believe the obligatory has yet to be posted.

12 Likes

That low cost Isn’t for a two-pack? You got ripped off.

By the way, the $70 Apple dongle also passes Type-C Power Delivery input and 4K video output. It’s a lightweight dock that works with not just MacBooks but iPad Air and iPad Pro. Comparing Apples to Bananas.

Ah, I see @Gamicus beat me to this.

2 Likes

And here’s the audio adapter they’ll be using next.

11 Likes

No.

Bad.

Could be worse. Check out the new phone charger.

13 Likes

That reminds me of the good old days when my local university sold its surplus to the general public and I’d go in and buy weird stuff like MicroVAXes, SGI and Sun workstations. I had a number of monstrosities like that, adapters into gender changers into adapters, just to get the right connector to hook up the serial consoles.

4 Likes

Isn’t Apple right now as we speak making 3rd party devices like this inoperable in the next OS update?

I stopped buying Apple when they eliminated the Ethernet jack from the Macbook Pro.
Eliminating the USB A jack is beyond the pale.

2 Likes

Oh, computer surplus. Oh, MicroVAXes. Oh, VaxStation 2000s and installing VMS from tape. I think I can smell the mildew and warm electronics smell now.

Apparently I am capable of nostalgia!

3 Likes

I’m suspicious of anything Q-related these days.

2 Likes

“Not so universal any more, are you??”

1 Like

Should I still put the grail in the mail, or is it too late for that?

3 Likes

In all fairness Apple makes a usb-c adapter that is the same size as the one in the original post, but it’s still like $30.

Ooops I forgot my bag of dongles, guess I’ll buy another one at the airport vending machine. Boy do I love my Mac, it’s so well designed!

3 Likes

Initially:
The pellet with the poison’s in the vessel with the pestle.
The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.

But someone broke the chalice from the palace. Then:

The pellet with the poison’s in the flagon with the dragon.
The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Which seems odd. How does breaking the chalice from the palace remove the poison from the vessel with the pestle?

2 Likes

But remember, you can’t smoke your chalice in the government palace, dem’a carry too much malice.

1 Like

You win.

1 Like

Why are we comparing two different things. The item you recommend is half the price of the $19 Apple USB-C to USB Adapter.

1 Like

The floppy with copy has the brew that is true.

3 Likes

I have a Mac. It runs Mac software, and open source software, and it’s Unix under the hood. You have a PC, and it runs Windows software, and open source software, and under the hood it’s whatever still needs FILENA~1.doc to be a thing in 2021.

So we can both run the software for a popular OS and open source stuff. (I can dual boot into your OS out of the box and you can’t into mine but let’s just pretend there’s a level playing field for a moment). How am I more “controlled” than you are?

I also have a USB drive that is A on one end and C on the other. I can’t say I’ve ever used it in the two and a bit years I’ve owned it, because haven’t you people heard of the cloud yet? But if I need to, it’s there, and it didn’t cost me $70. It cost exactly the same as what it’d cost you to use a USB-C device on your PC that doesn’t have C slots.

PC fans are like a crazy person who stands in the yoghurt aisle and berates people because they aren’t buying your brand. You accuse somebody who buys slightly more expensive yoghurt than you of spending too much while you’re regularly upgrading your gigantic black RGB LED-adorned home yoghurt maker with parts that cost hundreds of dollars or even four figures. You accuse them of being elitist despite there being no Mac equivalent of that “master race” line you literally borrowed from literal Nazis (sure, it’s just a joke, isn’t it? Ask yourself why it’s funny.) You claim we’re “locked in” while you run a single OS that uses the alphabet to keep track of mounts and we can just drop into Unix whenever we feel like it.

Mac users don’t care what you buy. We’d think it was weird and rude and frankly a bit creepy to tell another adult how to spend their money, not to mention hypocritical when we also claim to be all about freedom of choice. How about you do you and leave us out of it?