The utter despair of air travel that only Werner Herzog can accurately portray

Originally published at: The utter despair of air travel that only Werner Herzog can accurately portray | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Specifying a flight from Orlando was brilliant.

13 Likes

I went to orlando in 2009… for the launch of sts 119… from the cape but was aborted (future ref: SLS at the cape now has hydrogen insensiblities yet again)
but it was a valve problem then…

on my flight home I was put next to the exit door which had a blast of cold air (you would not believe) all they could do was give me a blanket but no sleep thank you…

thanks again virgin atlantic

1 Like

I heart Herzog and have seen the majority of his prominent work. In the I-should-have-known-this dept: while some performers are themselves onscreen, the dour and grim aspect he delivers is entirely an act, and off-work he’s apparently “fluffy.”

8 Likes

Emotional cost of seeing another passenger taking off his shoes: 15 WH

1 Like

Ich liebe Herzog :smiley:

14 Likes

Honesty of this sort is rare today, very rare.

5 Likes

It helps if you bring your own food on some flights.

13 Likes

We would not subject ourselves to it, but … Little Dieter Needs to Fly.

4 Likes

Literally never. This is some garbage that only happens in America.

Look, most of the civilised world shows all the costs associated upfront (talking about VAT and paying a decent salary to employees) upfront. This doesn’t happen there. If you see a price on the airline website, that’s what you pay.

If you’re American you’ve literally made this hell for yourself. Now you’ve got to sleep in it.

1 Like

Nah. We mostly drive.

9 Likes

I
Watched half a movie
Drank some wine
Went to sleep

Woke up
An hour to London

Had a croissant
Drank some tea

Fortunately, I did bring my own green tea bags

[Airplane Miniatures is one of my favorite Einstürzende Neubauten EPs]

4 Likes

Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF by Wiz Khalifa

6 Likes

It’s all my fault :cry:

7 Likes

That was a dreadful Herzog impersonation. Why didn’t they get the real thing?

That’s on YouTube Kids LOL

There are plenty of fine impersonations too, such as the aforementioned Yelp review

(by Mr Peanutbutter, who received Herzog’s congratulations, saying “That’s good stuff”) and

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.