The Vagina Museum needs a new home

Originally published at: The Vagina Museum needs a new home | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The tweets in the article don’t seem to blame covid though. After all, the lease owner doesn’t plan to close their space but rather repurpose it.

4 Likes

So the proposed space would be difficult to find? Reminds me of something but I can’t put my finger on it.

25 Likes

The upstairs is dry, dusty, and forgotten; just not suitable space for the amount of fun the Vagina Museum has to offer. :wink:

10 Likes

Make some room in the British Museum by returning the Elgin Marbles?

9 Likes

Maybe someone has a womb to rent?

2 Likes

May I suggest putting it here?
Or here?
Or near here?

2 Likes

daleks

2 Likes

Maybe they could move it right around the corner from the Butt Museum?

1 Like

Which one?

1 Like

It’s time for some out-of-the-box thinking.

2 Likes

Am I missing the point here, but the “vagina” is literally not seen and “vulva” seems to be the word missing in the conversation?!

1 Like

Top FAQ
https://www.vaginamuseum.co.uk/about/faqs

3 Likes

Yeah that top FAQ only really answers the “vulva” question in a very in house art world way that for me seems pretty patronizing… of course could be wrong as I don’t have one or either.

Boris Johnson is firmly ensconced in power for years to come, no thanks to a certain councilor from islignton.

and he doesn’t like the idea.

To use the levers of power to spite the other side, they must first be seized.

Many exhibition spaces in Britain have lost their leases-- the Fashion Museum in Bath is another high profile example. Why privilege the Vagina museum?

You know, maybe sit this one out then, eh?

5 Likes

Mansplaining the difference between ‘vulva’ and ‘vag;’ freakin’ yikes.

3 Likes

That sentence to me reads as “This simply won’t work for us: [THE WORD] “vagina” is not a dirty word. It [THE WORD “VAGINA”/CONCEPT OF “VAGINA”] should be visible within the community, battling the shame attached to the word, not hidden away like a dirty mag.”

They’re talking about “talking about” vaginas, not making a claim about the location or visibility of human anatomy.

YMMV.

4 Likes

Oh shit, I was there last weekend, I should have stopped by :frowning:

1 Like

strictly speaking, they have until 2022/2023

1 Like