The Wave method is music and vibration meditation like you’ve never experienced before

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/09/the-wave-method-is-music-and-v.html

I’m disappointed that the kit doesn’t include a Feng Shui compass so the user can align their Chakras with the local Ley Lines.

5 Likes

Those are add-ins.

It gets verse and verse.

1 Like

Why not throw in one of these and some essential oils? I’m sure once I start dowsing my backyard I’ll find enough buried treasure to afford it all!

2 Likes

@ludd What happens when Lego Batman starts Rapping?

It helps to have a soul-crushing job to begin with. The lower the lows, the higher the highs. Learned from experience. :doughnut:

The headphones and woofer-pillow sound genuinely interesting, but unfortunately nobody reviews those, they just talk about the meditation. Kinda tempted to see if anyone else sells woofer-pillows.

I don’t know what the depression article says, but IMO “depression” in this context means general sadness or unhappiness. If you have a real clinical problem, this isn’t going to do much. (And you can tell you have a clinical problem if you think you enjoy music, but it doesn’t lift your depression.)

Also, meditation doesn’t need a long dedicated session, sometimes all you need is to just take a minute to clear the mind a relax the body. You can even do it in the middle of the soul-crushing job.

1 Like

They are repackaging the woo with this. Do you remember those pillow speakers you could get, so that, subliminally, you could study for an exam or learn a new language in your sleep?

Some sonic fans and gamers are embedding subwoofers in the seat of their chairs to really feel the groove. I suppose you could do the same thing with your mattress (?) So for the cost of a woofer and some headphones that you probably already have you could just listen to some Stephen Halpern tracks - who’s been in this space since the '70s.
I used to have some of his music back in the day and it was quite good but can’t remember the album and he has plenty. There was also a Japanese guy who’s name eludes me. Now there are loads of proselytizers.

Given the relationship between music and light and the fact that the ancients practiced colour therapy I would not be at all surprised if the BB store resorts to vending paint before long.
The lovely thing about the aural spectrum is that there is a ton of room for all practitioners who will sell you on their own particular favourite frequency. But I will save you all the research - I found this:

What is God’s frequency?

39.17 MHz

GOD’S FREQUENCY IS 39.17 MHz : THE INVESTIGATION OF PETER POPOFF. For centuries, religious people have claimed that they have engaged in direct communications with God.

Now if your needs don’t require bothering god and you just want to tune up your Chakra’s, Halpern has you covered with this vid:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.