The weirdest corporate mascot of all time

Originally published at: The weirdest corporate mascot of all time | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Yeah, those ads didn’t make me crave Quiznos subs, even if they had a pepper bar.

3 Likes

Most corporate attempts to co-op niche culture are merely cringeworthy. This one throws in some creepiness with a side order of thievery.

6 Likes

The very creative team at rathergood.com still have their webpage. And Northern Kittens play Independent Woman is still accessible (which maybe that which counts for most alongside Viking Kittens, however they got silenced with that one via properties rights from Led Zeppelin The Immigrant Song -sigh-)

6 Likes

When these ads aired I stopped going there.

1 Like

I have the weirdest crazing for a chicken carbonara sub with extra bacon and mushrooms.

3 Likes

6 Likes

“Vetch was a British animator”

Veitch still is a British animator, no idea who Vetch is. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

spongemonkeys helped me want to be an animator…and now i are one

12 Likes

I don’t scare easy, but that thing is the stuff of nightmares.

6 Likes

Veitch also did some Milkshake Mix ads in the UK.

4 Likes

I guess I am an aberration, as I thought the ads were funny as hell. I still sing the jingle to myself from time to time.

12 Likes

I liked the ads, but I stopped eating at Quizno’s when I finished my degree and left campus. Also, they irritated me later in life by forcing franchisees to buy commercial dining furniture through the corporate mothership, instead of whatever vendor might burst onto the scene with a certain hapless charm.

My apologies. I never learned to touch type.

1 Like

I did too, but I was already familiar with Vietch’s style.

1 Like

My quiznos already felt like there were rats hiding among the filth, this commercial made me laugh hard at the irony and I never went back after their sub conscious admission.

Hey now, I reckon they just look scary because they’re uncomfortable being made to shill for something they don’t like… when in reality they actually like ThE mOoN!!! :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

(but not as much as cheese. Or zeppelins. Or…).

2 Likes

Wait a second…you mean to say that the BoingBoings who celebrate work like that done by Cyriak can’t handle a couple of Spongmonkeys? What is the world coming to?

6 Likes

The ad campaign actually compelled me to write a nasty letter letter to Quiznos. I admit I was unaware of the Spongemonkeys and Veitch until right now. I still don’t want one anywhere near my sandwich.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.