This disturbing potato chip commercial suppressed my appetite

Originally published at: This disturbing potato chip commercial suppressed my appetite | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Reminds me a bit of this Emerald Nuts ad with Robert Goulet.

13 Likes

Apparently the ad team watched the “Evil Dead” movies too many times.

2 Likes

Hmmm, almost lunchtime.

The Eagle Snacks brand was from the late 80’s/early 90’s and was Anheuser-Busch’s attempt to diversify - it did not go well for them, and they sold it pretty quickly.

1 Like

Not as disturbing as those Burger King ads with that creepy mask (multiple links in the article):

5 Likes

The ad may be considered benign to late-night, Big Gulp-swilling, marathoning hackers who like chips.

Anyone who usually swigs either a pack of dry pasta or a bottle of olive oil and is looking for a kinder medium, really. [Paris Hilton: “The Taliban’s price for free trade and a plural economy with China was all in the packaging.”]

2 Likes

I used to have a neighbor who was freaked out by this guy:
This potato chip ad is on an entirely different level, though.
Glad I never saw it while tripping… as a purely conjectural scenario, you see.

I may never eat another potato chip again

Doug Jones? A shame. Evidently he’s quite a pleasant person, and I suppose that would be an asset for the hours he spends in a makeup chair.

[checks earpiece]

Oh, the moon guy? Yeah, that’s straight up nightmare fuel. :grimacing:

:smirk:

He thought so. Didn’t bother me much, but then, clowns don’t bother me much, either.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.