Burger King removes 'racist' ad showing man trying to eat with giant chopsticks

1 Like

Wow… The advert which appeared to feature no one Vietnamese, was captioned: “Take your taste buds all the way to Ho Chi Minh City.”

1 Like

Way to throw out the progressive cred Burger King just earned by being the first major fast food chain to announce a vegetarian patty option.

4 Likes

It’s really just a terrible joke. Like I feel like when I was a kid in the 80s, chopsticks were considered weird and exotic. But since the 90s, especially as sushi became more popular, chopsticks became normal and ubiquitous. It’s actually easier to eat certain kinds of food with them and everyone I know is pretty decent at using them. I feel like in the 80s the joke would be “look at these weird foreign utensils!” Where now a better joke would be “look at this dummy who doesn’t understand this pretty common thing”

It still does apparently. This is on their website right now. I looked it up because I was curious what the sandwich was. Looks like a chicken sandwich with sweet chili sauce. I was hoping for like carrots and jalapeños and cilantro bahn mi style, but that would be asking too much from a fast food place.

1 Like

There was a whole episode of “Doug” where his weird grandma does insane things like… eat sushi. Raw fish!!1!1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.