The Wendy's Facebook page looks like it's being run by your great-aunt Edith

Originally published at: The Wendy's Facebook page looks like it's being run by your great-aunt Edith | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I came across their Facebook page a couple of days ago. It’s wild. My first thought was that they’d been hacked, but the more I read it, the more I realized it’s just a brilliant bit of humor.

9 Likes

Wendy’s seems to be great on all social media platforms.

They’re genuinely funny on twitter. See some samples from their huge number of posts on National Roast Day 2022:

I think they did something similar on Tiktok this year.

And their first big post on Threads the other day provoked Elon’s “Zuck is a cuck” post.

7 Likes

Just thought I would mention that the National Park Service isn’t a corporation, it’s an obsessively dedicated conglomeration of public servants and nature nerds, and I’m not at all surprised that they are good at socials.

13 Likes

Twitter wants me to “sign in” :roll_eyes:

“… looks like it’s being run by your great-aunt Edith.”

My great-aunt Edith died in the 70s and never saw a web page. Please be aware that the vast majority of commenters on BB seem to be 50 or older.

3 Likes

HI hand2mous ITS ME WANDY, CONDOLANCE’S FOR YOUR GRATE ANT EDITH . ITS TOO BAD SHE COULNT OF LIVED PAST HER 70’S BUT ITS LUCKY SHE DIDNT HAVE TO USE WEB PAGE’S . IM THE SAME AGE AND IM STILL LERNING ABOUT THIS BONG BONG WEB PAGE
BYE NOW.

9 Likes

I’m 50 or older, and now I want togo to a Wendy/s

2 Likes

Sadly, seems to be just the US arm of the company. When I click on the link in the story, Facebook forced me to Wendy’s Canada’s page, which is not as described. It’s standard corporate fare. “Have you tried our new [$food_product]” and so on. If it’s as funny as everyone says, might be worth firing up the VPN to see the US one.

I’m of that certain age, but it’s still funny because my dad who is 80 uses FB exactly like that. :smile: I think it’s less about exact age and more about tech comfort level.

Edit: okay, I VPNed and it was worth it. The US site really is hilarious. Half the posts have nothing to do with Wendy’s. Out of focus photos of weird knick knacks, rambling stories about “the war”, requests to see the “manager of Facebook” :joy::rofl: Pitch perfect.

8 Likes

Other quality government twitter accounts:
https://twitter.com/uscpsc
https://twitter.com/njgov

1 Like

this is gold lol

so glad you VPNed in – it’s too funny to miss, IMHO :slight_smile:

1 Like

… yep, can’t see those either :see_no_evil:

Corporate Death Burger has cute marketing campaign lol

And for the record, I’m too young to have great nieces or nephews!

1 Like

… when I started reading BB they were all in their

oh dear

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.