The Wild Wild West, complete series

[Permalink]

This show was genius. Robt.Conrad did all his own stunts. You can see the scene where he broke his back & needed to recover for weeks afterward. They kept and used that very footage in a barroom brawl (one of MANY in the show) where (IIRC) he swings from a wagonwheel-chandelier in a saloon, only to land supine on a table below.

Ross Martin died like the entire cast & crew of THE WARLORD (with John Wayne) did - cancer from radioactive dirt trucked in from Nevada by producer Howard Hughes.

2 Likes

Robert Conrad had a fantastic ass. It seemed the producers where always putting him in tighter and and tighter pants–and writing in bondage scenes for him and fight scenes with lots of shirt tearing.

1 Like

Artemis Clyde Frog did his own stunts too…

1 Like

That sounded really interesting so I googled it. Wikipedia says:

On July 3, 1981, Martin suffered a fatal heart attack after a game of tennis at a club in Ramona, California.

1 Like

Apparently something there:

Agreed. This is one TV series I loved as a kid. I’m sure I didn’t get all of it, but it combined cowboys with gadgets and smarts. (Plus it was contemporanious with Star Trek).

4 Likes

Number of discs: 27

As much as I did love this show, the minute I saw that I realized I have no place to store that many discs.

1 Like

A very worthwhile DVD set and a steal at $29. I paid twice that and still thought it was a good buy. Now if they’d only lower the price of The Man From Uncle - I really want it, just not at $120 - my childhood TV memories would be complete.

3 Likes

This show was fantastically playful and inventive; the movie with Will Smith and Kevin Kline was an abomination.

So if you’re saying “WTF” because you couldn’t manage to sit through the wretched movie, don’t write off the TV series; it’s a treasure.

6 Likes

It had so little to do with the TV show as to be comical.

Mmmm-HMMM! Once, an old girlfriend and I were reminiscing over WWW, and she told me, “I didn’t know why at the time, but every time I saw Jim’s ass in those tight pants, I felt funny inside. Good funny.”

1 Like

Except the price has gone back up, which now makes this article somewhat of an unintentional “bait and switch” item.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.