The wonderful Flair felt tip pen

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/23/the-wonderful-flair-felt-tip-p.html

1 Like

Mark. We need to talk about your flair.

2 Likes

I would like to recommend the Sign Pen.

I have only used the black one, but apparently ithis comes in other colors too.

1 Like

I remember buying a bunch of Flair pens and some cheap newsprint drawing pads in high school, because I wanted to learn to make drawings like Roy Doty in his Popular Science “Wordless Workshop” comics. In my mind Flair pens seemed like a good tool to reproduce his somewhat ligne claire style.

Then I discovered that you actually have to buckle down and put pen or pencil to paper to learn to draw, and I never did end up learning to draw like Doty.

2 Likes

Almost every architect I know uses those for sketching.

1 Like

Whatever the brand was, I remember buying (or receiving as gifts) many of those flat packs of colored pens. Always a treat!

1 Like

those are so good! I wish the very large felt tip was a little sturdier, these tend to widen as they age, but the lines are so nice! I have 4 colors of those on my desk, right now!

1 Like

I love these pens! I buy a set every school year and they are my go-to for meeting notes, doodling, drawing, grading, and color coordinating my grade book. I have to fight to keep them though, I lock them and my colored sharpies up when I have a sub, if I didn’t they would all be gone when I got back.

If you need any more reasons, Flair pens are also recommended by the Commander-in-Chief, Lynda Barry, in her Wisconsin U classes and coursework.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.