The World at a Crossroads

Oh God, I´m not the only one!
I´m pretty sure I didn´t use a transporter, yet I somehow ended up in the evil mirror universe!

4 Likes

heh. Are you sure that wasn’t Ben Franklin?

4 Likes

Yikes, that image looks like it’s from “The Illustrated Cipher” by Kathe Koja – a book that I’m certain did not exist in the Pretrumpality, but perhaps exists now. Seems fitting as it’s the only horror novel I’ve ever read that made me think I should stop reading before the psychological damage became permanent.

Trump stopped being funny long ago, but I’m still counting on healthy cynicism and rueful humor to see me through this (and the last four decades of right-wing triumphs). Make America Grate Again.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Agreed. I feel like I’m in the wrong branch of someone else’s saved game.

35 Likes

I’m just going to say this: Mass market VR headsets are here. Stock up on food, kids.

4 Likes

Some Trump elector wrote an op-ed for the New York Times explaining why he was writing in the name of another Republican.

At this point, we really should be hearing stories from the rare electors who are still voting for Trump.

Honestly, the only thing that is keeping me going are elaborate day dreams of scandals so appalling that Trump is voted down by the EC; alternately, he spends four days in office before the scandals surface. Also: day dreams of stroking out while haranguing a crowd, or tumbling down the steps of his personal jet.

6 Likes

It’s OK. I’m seeing reports in the deep-intel wires that Trump was killed the other day when he was purportedly visited by Al Gore. This was actually a disguised assassin.
Obviously this was ordered by Paul Ryan - nobody could possibly believe the commiecrats could organize such a neat hit.

2 Likes

Trenchant.

1 Like

Wow, so this isn’t just the evil universe, it’s the bizarro evil universe. Explains a lot.

5 Likes

It’s good nasty fun.
I played as a tall short-haired woman with gang color golf pants and a big behind. She favored the dub-step gun, did almost everybody in her crew and made a better Prez than this guy… how could she not.
Oh, also, I started with 4 and went backwards.

4 Likes

once he serves out his term.

5 Likes

I played both Saint’s Row 3 and 4 as a purple skinned lady with a purple mohawk and death rocker makeup. I spent way too much of the game shopping and putting together outfits and repainting vehicles in purple, pink, and neon green themes.

I especially liked collecting industrial vehicles and painting them in pink themes. I also favored the pink and purple weapon skins.

I also played Gat out of Hell. That one and 4 were full of fun weapons and powers. Both were so short but fun enough to forgive for it.

I did tend to smack talk at the imaginary people about my imaginary presidency.

7 Likes

There has been plenty of doxxing and death threats. It just seems to be a non-story on some outlets… #NotMyPresident Alliance doxxed a bunch of Trump electors, and they are getting all sorts of love from activists. The Georgia Sec. of State issued a statement on 11/18, warning that his office has received "received numerous reports of individuals hurling insults and threats at Georgia’s Electors because they are unsettled with America’s choice for President of the United States."

Here is an interview from one elector in Mi-
But Clinton supporters have “deluged Banerian and other GOP electors with pleas and nasty emails to reverse course and cast their ballots for Clinton,” the Michigan Republican Party is reporting.
“You have people saying ‘you’re a hateful bigot, I hope you die,’” he told the News in a 6-minute video interview. “I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive.”
He said that while many of the emails are clearly death threats, others would fall into the category of “death wishes.”
Things like, “do society a favor and throw yourself in front of a bus.”
“I’ve just gotten a lot of ‘you’re a hateful bigot and I hope you die,’ which is kind of ironic,” Banerian said, “that they’re calling me hateful and yet wishing for my death. They don’t even know me.”
The Detroit News verified one message containing a death wish and another containing a death threat, in which the person told Banerian he would “put a bullet” in his mouth. Banerian said he deleted the rest of the emails and messages “because as you can imagine they’re clogging up my email.”

1 Like

[quote=“Max_Blancke, post:35, topic:90764”]There has been plenty of doxxing and death threats.[/quote]Ah, thanks for that. Situation normal, then.

[quote]It just seems to be a non-story on some outlets…[/quote]It’s no stretch of the imagination to think that someone behind the scenes is pulling the strings to make it so.

2 Likes

It’s too bad B. Kliban is dead. This could use an update:

14 Likes

The world at a crossroads. Inexorable forces create tipping points that post grave challenges for all humanity.

That’s probably as good a reason America voted for Trump as any other. On some level we see this change coming, and in answer we rail against it, proclaiming its unreality and holding aloft our orange icon of the world we believe we deserve.

4 Likes

No hoax or snark is crazy enough to be seen for what it is these days. You’ve got the Comet Ping Pong shooter, the Sandy Hook denialist death threat arrest…

Shit is getting stupid ugly and ugly stupid out there.

6 Likes

Just jump straight to 4. It is a real blast.

4 Likes

There’s precedent for that cover, check out the Time “Man of the Year” for 1938:

(Yes, really, actually true)

I like the way they even went for a similar picture…

4 Likes