The worst 48 hours in Minneapolis/St. Paul

Bob Dylan was born in Duluth, raised in Hibbing, then attended the University of Minnesota for a year.

That’s what I’m sayin’. Neither, born or raised.

In defense of the MPLS/St Paul airport bathrooms - My brother was just commissioned to design and install two huge tile mosaics in two of the rest rooms - and they are well worth a look - His work is all reclaimed and found object mosaic in a multitude of materials…tried to add a photo, but as a new user I am not allowed so check out his page for an example of just how cool your airport toilet experience can be - no matter what your stance!
http://michaelsweeremosaic.com
Go to the commissions tab on his site to see the airport mosaics

1 Like

I am hoping, against all hope, that he got away with a couple of definitely-not-widely-spaced-footprints incorporated somewhere in the design, as a lasting tribute?

In Minnesota? Duluth, Hibbing, and the U are all in Minnesota. Now, if the sentence had said “Minneapolis is famous for music” instead of “Minnesota is famous for music,” you’d have a point.

That’s pretty much the only reason I went there after the first time. I had an internship in White Bear Lake, and my friend lived downtown… so him taking the light rail and me driving, it worked to be about equi-distant. But the theatre sucks. Substandard screen, annoying teens, and expensive. After we’d been there for a few months, we found the theatre at Block E off (at the time was) the last light rail stop was a much better theatre.

I really miss living up there. Things worked. People were nice. There were a million things to do and see. Maybe for the next job.

Hey, back in the 90’s when the theatre opened, it was state of the art. I haven’t been since probably '94 or '95.

We’ve discussed possibly moving to the Twin Cities for a couple years. I do miss it sometimes. The things I miss are the abundance of outdoor activity all year. We just don’t get enough snow in SE MI to do anything with and if we do get snow it comes on Tuesday and melts by Friday.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.