Theranos but for poop

right I feel sort of like it is their fault but then again is there like a widespread history of things health insurance should pay for in the U.S somehow being refused by the insurance companies? I don’t want to root for the poop guys, but as disgusting as it sounds maybe I have to.

2 Likes

Their methodology is execrable, and their business ethics are in the toilet.

10 Likes

Theranos: One drop of blood.
Ubiome (AKA Ther-anus): Just one fart.

Extra credit: see raffinose and stachyose.

5 Likes

Well that’s simple, you just snap once to get rid of 50%, then again to get rid of 50% of that…

(also known as the Zeno’s poop paradox)

8 Likes

Don’t forget to wash the Infinitiy Gauntlet when you are done.

8 Likes

Theranos was such a weird choice of name for a company involved in healthcare. The closeness to thanatos has already been noted, but it also made me think of Therac - hardly a great association for a medical technology company.

4 Likes

Another sad thing about these fraudulent startups is that they give technology that in better hands might be useful a bad reputation.

4 Likes

Their heart really isn’t in it; they’re just going through the motions… This message was sponsored by Dad Joke Inc.

1 Like

Yes. I was trying to imagine a technology that would eliminate half the poo in the world.

1 Like

Voting machine?

3 Likes

A serious drama messes with your life. Your response: first state the facts, then conclude with a humorous paragraph of Mark Twainian perspective.

This is Art: the sad mask and the smiling mask, side by side.

3 Likes

Theranos (which is, apparently, therapy + diagnosis) always made me think of Thanatos, for whom Thanos is named. I always thought it was a crazy name for a medical company because it just sounded like death.

8 Likes

I saw a sign for a “psychic supermarket” the other day, seemed to be several different breeds of carnival-barker-mind-readers working out of one office.

You could easily start some kind of “tea leaf reading” enterprise for poop and just do away with the science altogether.

“I see a very messy relationship problem headed your way. Also, you need to eat more fiber.”

5 Likes

I believe it’s called a “colostomy bag.”

6 Likes

And then I started thinking of that time that Spiderman taught Thanos to poop, then I thought “No, that was Galactus. No, wait, if he eats worlds, then I doubt he’s constipated.” The I realized it was the Beyonder (after googling).

It’s a terrible movie, but you basically described Envy. Jack Black makes spray that disintegrates dog dooky - called VaPoorizer. Ben Stiller is his neighbor who gets increasingly jealous of the success of the poo spray. Amy Poehler plays Jack’s wife, and it’s just a delightfully terrible movie.

4 Likes

“Theranos; not quite as evil as Thanos!”, it might not be much of a corporate motto; but, hey, it worked for Google.

2 Likes

Theranos but for poop go I…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.