There is nothing you can't buy in camo

Not really so different from these masks (from kate spade)

If accessorizing got people to wear their mask, all the better.

1 Like

I hated it from day one. Especially when we had tried other patterns that were more effective. ACO was uniformly useless in woodland, desert, snow and mountain. But that was the key in that it was equally bad everywhere and a little better than nothing at all. It was okay in urban areas.

When we were trying out various patterns at Fort Drum we had some reversible options. There was a heavy fabric for winter with woodland BDU print on one side and a white-n-pine on the other. Then there was a lighter summer fabric with woodland BFU print on one side and a desert print on the other. Those were great, but were never fielded.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean, it seems like an exercise in futility for a universal camouflage. It might break up the shape of a person to a degree, but to be really effective, it needs to blend into the environment. And environments are too varied for a one sized fits all solution.

Epic tier camo - gillie suits, but even they won’t work everywhere.

1 Like

It didn’t help that the ACU required a special laundry detergent (think Woolite). Otherwise it would rapidly fade to white. We used to call them cook uniforms once that happened.

3 Likes

[quote=“NukeML, post:25, topic:200479”]Otherwise it would rapidly fade to white. We used to call them cook uniforms once that happened.
[/quote]

Wow. That’s just like the government to buy something that isn’t color fast in normal detergent.

1 Like

Learning from the example of stealth aircraft.

1 Like

via ebay

1 Like

As a Health and Safety conscious introvert, I’d wear that.

2 Likes

Nah, I still prefer the chainmail version.

3 Likes

how_not_to_be_seen

4 Likes

Folks probably couldn’t find the hooks on the ones I posted, or even a woman wearing them.

1 Like

Camo becomes the wearer’s identity. Ever see someone wearing a cowboy hat while seated in a restaurant eating? If they took their hat off, they wouldn’t be a cowboy anymore. Likewise with the punks back in the days of the DC hardcore scene. Some of those guys would wear leather jackets in the 98 deg DC summers. If they took off their jacket, they’d stop being a punk.

2 Likes

Try dazzle.

7 Likes

But it’s not an identity-signifier like clothing is. I mean, I guess it’s working that way, because apparently the camo clothing just wasn’t enough to fuel their toxic masculinity self image…

1 Like

Subtle. Are they hoping it influences subliminally, trying to reinforce their poor self-image, or feeding their narcissism?

1 Like

You know, I always thought urban camo looked cool.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s very cool. I really love the stuff that looks like actual trees, not b/c I hunt or anything, I just like trees.

2 Likes

6 Likes

The camouflage golf balls are for playing on white surfaces. Seems logical

4 Likes

I can see the marketing byline:

“Live in Texas where it’s illegal to have more than 6 dildos? Camo dildos! Don’t let anyone see you coming…” (but of course, no license open carry firearms)

(I’ll see myself out…)

(also, if you follow the amazon link, and see “customers also viewed”, you run into some pretty interesting things about page 3 or 4…)

2 Likes