Camo formalwear

Originally published at: Camo formalwear | Boing Boing

4 Likes

So tactical!™

11 Likes

I’m still not sure if that tops camouflage fishing gear.

6 Likes

Anyone who didn’t know this was a thing clearly doesn’t live in Flyover Country™.

7 Likes

This raises a number of questions, such as “what’s actually wrong with people?” and “is this legal in Spain?”

4 Likes

Most of those pictures don’t have people in them :thinking:

/s

15 Likes

This is perfect for ya’ll qaeda members who have to find something to wear to a trial.

7 Likes

8076vbxtfl_mo_orange_cathedral_veil-03376_1

Hide or be seen, she can’t decide.

19 Likes

wow, these all are just SO bad. i had no idea.

6 Likes

Sean Tejaratchi is wishing that he’d thought of this first.

3 Likes

Want to wear camo? Join the military.

7 Likes

This isn’t where it started, but where it hit mainstream.

BTW, when the “family” had a real wedding (not for the cameras), it was normal…

7 Likes

For those fashion victims who want the worst of both worlds!

3 Likes
7 Likes

-raises hand

So tacky…

7 Likes

Honestly, I kind of like it, and I am 100% not in the demographic. I especially like how it’s mixed with hunter orange accents.

3 Likes

While this is a great piece, I think there’s a hair to be split here. RealTree and MossyOak camo patterns have never had the military/tacticool/violently-hyper-masc connotations that About Face covers.

These camo items, as others have stated upthread, are much more about being Rural. These come from the Hunting As A Lifestyle set; less about having a fully kitted out AR-15 than 30-06 and a 12-gauge. It’s also why you’ll see a lot more dresses and women wearing the natural-camo patterns, since hunting is ostensibly open to all people. Naturally there’s a lot of other toxic stuff wrapped up in it (rural vs urban signaling often has some racial stuff involved at some level), and I’m sure there’s some venn overlap with the blaze-orange realtree set, but they are different.

5 Likes

As a mountain stream trout fisherman, I don’t own any camo,but I can say that neutral colors can help not scare trout in gin-clear water. If you’re out on your bass boat trawling for fish on a lake, then yeah, camo is just a lifestyle choice.

4 Likes

Instead of camo, what about The Black Collection from Miguel Caballero - custom tailored body armor? I guarantee a lot of the very wealthy and a significant number of heads of state wear it to public events.

1 Like