There is nothing you can't buy in camo

Originally published at: There is nothing you can't buy in camo | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Camo dildos are just good sense. In the parts of the country most apt to buy camo products you wouldn’t want to be caught using the devil’s tools of personal gratification, and given that all of your interior decor is likely already camo, the dildo will blend right in. Hide in plain sight, I say. The visible invisible.

12 Likes

Can you buy camo camouflaged to not look like camo?

6 Likes

I don’t always buy things with camouflage, but when I do, it’s Kryptek. I love the sci-fi look that uses bestigons.

I have a competition holster in this red/black (Shadow colors), and a hat in the grey that has a spot for one of the several Boba Fett patches to attach with Velcro.

Though I do own a t shirt in traditional woodland camo that says, “Ha! Now you can’t see me.”

2 Likes

I made a bean-bag chair out of surplus Gulf War chocolate chip camo material back in the mid '90.

As a thing it was wonderful and I spent hours and hours just looking at it when it was finished.

But when I er… deployed it to my living room, rather than making the statement I was expecting it just sort of disappeared into the background.

I was very disappoint.

7 Likes

Ideas like that will get you put on the terrorist watch list.

3 Likes

An art project, as opposed to an actual product, but I think it makes a statement:

18 Likes

When I bought a four-pack of masks earlier this year one of them was camo, because you need to let fragile men find a way to curb a global pandemic without looking like a cuck I guess?

4 Likes

26 Likes

I like the idea of someone camo’ing everything in their entire house - and then constantly tripping over and running into things because it totally fucks with their ability to distinguish one object from another.

But generally, I don’t get it. I mean, I understand why some people wear camo outfits, as a sort of toxic (and sometimes ironic) military/hunter cosplay, but household objects? WTF is going on here?

11 Likes

I like it! I could see a series of them where they blend into urban and street environments. Such as make it look like asphalt, maybe with a Yellow stripe on part of it. Or a brick wall and place it near one.

3 Likes

It’s just bad taste. Just like most decor in your average home. It’s generic and devoid of any personality.

But I assume it’s like people who buy Star Wars toasters etal. They are just really into the outdoors hobbies and show it off that way.

2 Likes

Because why make it easy to find your house keys when you drop them in the woods???

3 Likes

4 Likes

Eerily, this would have been a perfect response to a cartoon I was looking for and couldn’t find.

It showed two soldiers holding a big-eyed, large-headed alien by the arms. The alien is dressed in day-glow splotches. The caption read "The invasion force will be easy to find. They’re dressed in camouflage from their planet.

4 Likes

Here’s a camouflage that was terrible as camouflage

2 Likes

the only game it is easier to hunt in camo is man.

1 Like

I did! But now I can’t see where I put it.

1 Like

Emo Philips: I was in the ROTC program. I remember once I was walking through campus and my instructor grabs me, and he’s a real big guy, and yells, “It’s been six weeks since I’ve seen you in camouflage class!” I said, “I’m getting good.”

9 Likes

I dunno, I always thought it looked ok.

Back in my early paintball days, tiger stripe was the bee’s knees, but I wore
all black BDUs with a silver Ankh necklace.

2 Likes