Theresa May says she won't debate party leaders before election

The only upside I can see to this is that Brexit will be such a disaster, it’s better for the Tories to hold power for seven years now than for Labour to take the reins, try to compromise, still end up in a shit-show and then get pilloried by the right-wing press for “betraying brexit”.

This is the bed they have made, let them lie in it.

I just can’t see an upside to be honest, it’s a shitshow we all share in.

As for Tories getting the blame? Only if Labour toe whatever line News Interational tells them to when NI decide they don’t like Brexit after all. As Chris Patton said “the thing about Rupert is that he’s only there for you when you don’t need him” (from memory - just after HK debacle while Tony was lubing up for Rupe.)

1 Like

Just to reply to @Scurra and @robertmckenna:

I see it as a strength that corbyn doesn’t play this sort of school playground politics by shouting and quipping over the despatch box like so many of his predecessors. Indeed, all her one-liners are written for her and unfortunately for him the news will inevitably pick that bit to show, making him look browbeaten. Yet that shouldn’t let him of the hook when he has had so many opportunities to execute a fatality (campaign spending, rights of eu citizens living here, snooper’s charter etc.) and simply hasn’t taken it. Corbyn is great at giving unscripted protest speeches but at the despatch box and scripted rallies he’s just hopeless.

1 Like

Her supporters will conclude it to be great idea. Why people seem to never see it as a clear sign she knows she’d lose any debate she’s in I’ll never know.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.