These invisible earplugs are a concertgoer's guardian angel

2fa7e0

“Honey, have you seen my invisible earplugs?”
“Have you tried looking in pockets of your your invisible pants?”

Invisible isn’t always better. Especially when people try to talk to you and have no idea that you really can’t year them, even during a lull in the music. Obvious earplugs have some advantages.

1 Like

How cool that you know all those places! I saw and played a lot of shows in those spots and in other venues in Atlanta, too. Masquerade was always the loudest and the bassiest, as the high ceilings of the Excelsior Mill building really bounced the sound around. It was horrible and awesome. Hard to believe they can replicate that feeling anywhere else.

1 Like

I don’t think they can. I have yet to make it out to the new location, but I’ve heard mixed things about it.

The building that housed the masquerade is still there, BTW, but it’s across the street from Ponce City Market, so a dive club was considered too gauche for that location now.

Here is the plans for the historical buildings:

Also, they tore down the murder kroger (RIP)… somehow, the Clermont Lounge soldiers on, even with the new boutique hotel above it…

Gentrification is a hell of a thing.

If the Clermont ever dies, heaven help us all.

1 Like

From your keyboard to god’s ears! May Blondie crush beer cans with her tits for eternity!

2 Likes

That’s really neat. I was just at a movie the other day like “fuck I wish I had earplugs” it was so loud. This would have come in really handy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.