These modern-day 1920s' style swimsuits are for any body

for any body

i’m not sure bottoms that form-fitting work for “any body”. am i the only one who noticed that the only guy in the photo has his hands strategically placed?

I don’t care what people wear. This does seem like a giant step back. So much for free the nipple.

how so? Other people might like them and…?

2 Likes

Not for me. Unless its 20s week at the beach.
Then again I haven’t been in the sea since I watched Jaws 35 years ago.

2 Likes

I think I would prefer something more like the full-body thick-stripey Victorian bathing costume… I fry in the sun so easily. Mayhap a burqini is for me.

1 Like

It’s only a step backwards if you equate progress with exposed skin instead of personal choice.

I like beaches where people can wear as much or as little as they feel comfortable doing. One of the beaches I frequent in San Francisco is visited by nudists and nuns alike (I guess it’s possible that some people are both, but it would be difficult to tell).

8 Likes

Yeah, that attempt at a burkini ban in France was a serious step backwards if you ask me.

5 Likes

I wondered the same. Another photo on the site seems to similarly hide that area. I have a feeling these reveal quite a bit more about one’s junk than standard shorts do.

Bought both a one-piece and two-piece with boy shorts from Amazon last summer, really love this one. They have lots of colors and prints.

UY445

4 Likes

I would happily go topless. But I still want the shorts.

I almost got one of those suits, but then I found a blue tropical bikini that had a shorts option! I’m mad at Amazon right now, but sometimes that’s the only place to find what you need.

3 Likes

Neat idea, but I reckon a name change will be in order before long. “Beefcake” is too weirdly loaded.

The human body shouldnt invoke fear. That bathing suit seems like more of that.

If any of you guys ever come to Germany, you should really take a bath at Prerow auf dem Darß. Or at Zieselsmaar, which I know from many years back.

Body-shaming pretty much goes away at FKK.

1 Like

I’d rather just have access to the pattern.

Because yeah, I’m the kind of nut who builds everything I wear (except socks, because I cannot fucking knit without a machine) and I’d much rather build my own, with my own choice of fabric, integrated bra, and perhaps decoration of my choice. On the rare occasions I swim* I use figure skating patterns for the sleeves, back and leg protection**. So basically a burkini. (Yes, I’m plugging Jalie patterns. They’re that good. Just a customer.)

But the pattern would be useful for other forms of sweaty workout clothing.

*something in chlorinated pools makes me itch, rash out, and triggers my asthma. I don’t care much what it is; it’s unpleasant. So thanks, but no. I live at 6000 feet. There’s no ocean nearby. Swimming is entirely optional, because when the mountain washes away, there ain’t no swimming to safety.

**because the sun is a giant ball of burning gas and it WANTS TO DESTROY MY EPIDERMIS.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.