These new vegan products are delicious!

That’s good to know – there was an Earth’s Balance margarine that was made of palm oil, which from what I gather is awesome for those who hate orangutans.

Last I checked (e.g. shredded on a pizza) they still don’t have the texture quite right. We’re not vegan, but we keep up with these things for tsom, although for us that’s most of the year now, anyway (which is just as well, I think).

I keep hearing that, but the explanation I remember is that there are two Aldi’s (at least in Germany), and the owner of one of them is related to the owner of Trader Joe’s. OTOH it seems there’s to much overlap for the 2 companies to not be more closely related than that.

Are you in Bethesda MD, perchance? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Now they have 2 but the older 1 had a nightmare of a parking lot to get in & out.) It wouldn’t surprise me that there are other stores with that predicament though (@VeronicaConnor beat me to it). A lot of the stores seem (sometimes very weirdly) shoehorned into whatever space was available and that goes for their parking spaces as well.

We just got one close by a couple of weeks ago; what surprises me is that we’ve only gone twice…

This was in today’s paper (link should be free):

My wife had a vegan shawarma at Falafel Inc. yesterday. It’s apparently mostly gluten (like seitan), which I’ve had before at an all-vegan Chinese restaurant (and where they pulled it off better). Flavor’s OK, texture’s not-quite-there. But one of us in our household eats a gluten-free diet and seitan (or similar) is the opposite of gluten-free. Anyway Falafel Inc. is better at falafel.

2 Likes