These sheep walking endlessly in a circle is pure folk horror

Originally published at: These sheep walking endlessly in a circle is pure folk horror | Boing Boing

4 Likes

O, vis is really weird.

9 Likes

It is all in accordance with the prophecy…

:metal: :metal:

11 Likes

I was told about a type of sheep called a manahuggin (spelling unsure) which had legs on one side longer than on the other side, and thus could only graze going clockwise or counterclockwise around a hill.

4 Likes

Fairly certain that’s a joke and/or myth. I’ve heard it told about many different (often patently unreal) animals.

4 Likes

Sheep are unreliable, I’ve been counting them for decades.

10 Likes

Sheep are Not Smart.

They follow the sheep in front of them, who follows the sheep in front of it, and so on.

All it would take is for the sheep in front to start following the one in the back, and presto! Sheep circle.

Ants can be made to do the same thing.

11 Likes

Can confirm. My first ever task in agriculture was to move 9 sheep carcasses that had all died of eating walnut shells a farmer unwittingly dumped inside their fence. Because who would assume an animal would be stupid enough to eat walnut shells until their stomach ruptured?

And perhaps one or more infected with listeria (aka “Circling disease”).

The turkeys, however are clearly sending a pre-Thanksgiving warning.

11 Likes

I saw the same thing the other day at Trump Tower in NYC, when Trump was announcing his bid for the Presidency.

14 Likes

Of course it’s a joke-

1 Like

That’s a haggis.

3 Likes

Witnesses report hearing the ritual chant “BAA-RAM-EWE! BAA-RAM-EWE! TO YOUR BREED, YOUR FLEECE, YOUR CLAN BE TRUE! SHEEP BE TRUE! BAA-RAM-EWE!”

9 Likes

That’ll do, Brainspore. That’ll do.

9 Likes

Bonjour.

3 Likes

Are you a clockwise haggis or an anti-clockwise haggis? :wink:

3 Likes

“Sheep are very dim. Once they get an idea in their heads, there’s no shifting it.”

4 Likes

Had never heard of listeria. Thank you!

The turkeys are clearly Satan.

3 Likes

And that’s how you get spun wool.

9 Likes

It’s sheep, sheep, sheep, all the way around.

2 Likes

‘Execration of the Cynodont Usurper’ Fairly common class of ritual behavior among neo-saurian extremists and avian doomsday cults. Unnerving; but more aspirational than dangerous until you get to ostrich size stuff.

3 Likes