This 1967 Porsche 911S is genuine fun in a period-perfect mustard yellow

Originally published at: This 1967 Porsche 911S is genuine fun in a period-perfect mustard yellow | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Absolutely love that yellow. :heart_eyes:

(I’m also a fan of sparkly brown, when it comes to cars, but I know it’s a but too Zune-y for most.)

6 Likes

No match for my off-grey '86 Fiero. Still turns heads

6 Likes

Would look good on a hot dog.

4 Likes

Have you seen The Bridge, @jlw?
Apparently that’s a mustard Porsche, though I’ll grant it is a different shade to this one.

It got quite the fan following…

… and a lot of debate about exactly which model it was.

1 Like

Awww, yum! Now we’re talking!

It’s Bahama yellow. Just look at it.

4 Likes

I thought that color was called “Baby Poop Yellow” (or “Babyscheißegelb” in the original German).

7 Likes

I remember when the “bring a trailer” website featured project cars that required a trailer to get home. Now it features cars way out of my price range. You know, fancy cars.

4 Likes

Porsche probably called that color Bahama Yellow because no one would have bought it if they called it it’s true name, Babyshit Brown.

2 Likes

just walk away and no one gets hurt.

1 Like

A wise man once said “no Porsche costs less than $30,000.”

The saying needs to be updated - good versions of that age never cost only five figures (even without the BaT premium).

Heck, it used to be “Every 911SC is $20k” and that’s not even true anymore. If you’re writing checks that’s just an engine rebuild.

1 Like

so inflated in value by collectors who will probably never even drive them

Didja see the $95k 1980 F250? That’s either money laundering or severely bored affluence.

The half-dozen or so longhoods (pre-1974) frequently seen in our small-but-affluent desert mountain town have been missing for the last four or so years. It’s a shame as those things were made to be driven - you really have to experience it. Light years ahead of the competition far into the '80s and beyond…

Once I auction that kidney for an engine rebuild/upgrade I promise my '78 will be out there. Stuff is stuff, go play with it!

It has also become incredibly hipster. They post a lot of ridiculously overpriced average cars with breathlessly written strawberry prose about what a classic the 87 LeBaron is or whatever. Meanwhile the same car goes for half the price on AutoTrader.

This is a decent example of that effect. It’s a nice example of an old 911, but it’s not a 718 or a 356 Speedster. These cars are not hard to find and for a lot less.

1 Like

My Mini is nearly that color - “Mellow Yellow”.

beautiful car in a horrific color

Is it still running?
I had the SE V6 same year. Worst car I ever owned. Was relatively fun to drive, I “gave it away” for 1200 bucks in 1995 just to be rid of the damn thing.

OT:
This Porsche is extremely cool, but as others have noted BAT is a silly place to buy a car.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.