This 1972 Blu Dino 246 GT may be the most beautiful Ferrari ever

That flying scot driving there?

Off topic, there is a great Fangio documentary on Netflix, with both a chronology of his achievements and thoughts from numerous past and recent F1 champions - an enjoyable watch for you motorheads -

2 Likes

Yep, it’s wee Jackie. Obviously he had no problem with headroom :wink:

Is that Lawrence Stroll in the passenger seat?
EDIT: if we’re including Ferrari race cars, then 250 LM is for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, sure looks like it. I guess he rides around in LeMans-winning cars when he’s not buying F1 teams for his snotty kid. We don’t have many billionaires in Canada, but the ones we do are are just as douchey as the American ones.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the song I’m sorry, I want a Ferrari is still expunged from the internet, presumably thanks to the owners of the movie Never Steal Anything Small(*).

1 Like

Ouch…no fan of the Stroll family I see…Don’t know much about them, I’m an F1 fan but don’t follow personalities much. My impression is Lawrence is following his dream and Lance is on board to implement it. Lawrence has been car and racetrack collecting long before Lance came along. Lance is arguably skilled as an F1 driver, having a few good performances under adverse conditions such as are said to offer opportunities to evaluate skill somewhat disconnected from other factors . I do get the impression Lance is awkward socially but otherwise nice enough. At any rate Mazepin has become the “rich kid” lightening rod in F1 this year, providing relief for Stroll and Latifi who now are suddenly nice Canadian boys. The latter is closer to the performance of Russel than the hype should allow too for that matter.

Well, now I know who “Lawrence Stroll” is, owing to not having followed F-1 since the Prost/Senna years. Not that I particularly suspect he’s worth knowing much about…

250 LM is another good choice. Add the original Testa Rossa to the LM and the P3/4 and you’ve got all the really gorgeous Ferraris before the era when LeMans cars started looking more like the boxes they came in.

2 Likes

Nobody should be a fan of billionaires.

This was not “his dad supporting him chasing his dreams”. F1 driver is one of the most coveted jobs in the world. A job of which there are literally only 20 in existence. He got that job not on his merits, but because his dad bought the team on the condition that his son gets a seat. This happened not once, but twice. If you don’t have a problem with that level of privilege, then I don’t know what to tell ya.

2 Likes

If you note what I said, “My impression is Lawrence is following his dream and Lance is on board to implement it”. That is, Lawrence who I’m referring to; He has been acquiring cars and racetracks since Lance was a baby, or before. Maybe Lance is as committed to F1 as his father is, but to me this seems more like a case of a surrogate chasing Lawrence’s dreams. Pay drivers in Formula 1 have been with us since at least Niki Lauda. They are seen as a resource to help fund teams such as the relationship of Haas with Mazepin. Good influence or bad? I think if Haas could extricate themselves from the Mazepin deal they would. I think it is considered that Mazepin’s father would have bought Force India if Stroll hadn’t and that Stroll owning it is seen as preferable by insiders. Lando Norris is another “Rich Dad” driver, he seems to have turned out pretty well. In general I dunno, I don’t devote much time to wondering about such things, watch the races, maybe look at some of the post race news, that’s about it. I’m a Hamilton fan, his route to the business was without this kind of advantage

I’d swipe right on this beauty ANY day:

:heart:

1 Like

On this we agree! Hamilton is amazing. The best there ever was, and deservedly so.

2 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.