This AI turns your headshot into a portrait painted by a master

I liked the subtle hint that the painter put in of rimless pince-nez. Very Victorian.

I don’t love it.

2 Likes

As a sculptor, I can understand your disquiet. There are stone guys like me using CNC machines fed from computer-aided design programs to make their work. I don’t like that. Where’s the craft, the skill, the feeling?

This is a novelty, as far as I’m concerned - cool only for a minute or two.

2 Likes

Not to mention since it’s only a product of what’s fed into it, there’s no new styles, no unique point of view.

3 Likes

The AI is screwed up; its rendering looks nothing like your cat (although there’s a sort of ‘slyness’ that creeps through).

1 Like

grumpy AI portrait

3 Likes

The human hand introduces “mistakes” or individuality, which contributes to recognizable style and feel. This cannot be reproduced.

The same thing is happening in music with computer programs like Pro Tools that can change a hack into a star with a few clicks of the mouse.

And even though I detest country music (and having grown up in the south that is a radical position), this guy makes a similar complaint about what has become of country that is ruled by technology now.

1 Like

very presidential

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have looked at this before bedtime.

Doesn’t exactly resemble Geo. Washington.

Stephen Fry?

Chin’s too weak.

Guess who’s got a new avatar!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.