This AI turns your headshot into a portrait painted by a master

wht
:wink:

18 Likes

interesting. a bit like a wanna-be-francis-bacon.

8 Likes

You might want to see a doctor about that.

3 Likes

And died in the “Spanish Flu” epidemic in 1918, along with his wife. I was really surprised; I was expecting something drug or STD related. He seems to have been a proper bad-boy bohemian, though with the talent to back it up.

1 Like

No. It doesn’t. Not even remotely.
The mugshot is still a mugshot no matter if you’ll run it forward and backward through any filter in the world. Even if it’s a simple set of blur and canvas filters. And “filtered by an ‘AI’” is even technically a completely different thing than “painted by a master” as it does not envolve masters, paint or any physical object.
And that’s just the technical side. I’ll spare us all the artistic one and the unevidable brain-damaging discussion about what the arts actually are about…

3 Likes

Probably says a lot about the art selection they trained the AI with. I wonder what the results would look like if they started over with Eastern art.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Cat Bearding?

3 Likes

It can’t detect faces with beards either.

3 Likes

I’m only getting very bizarre results out of this thing. The most bizarre though was when I fed it something specifically looking for a bizarre result

5 Likes

The AI site shows portraits of a few Asian faces. Perhaps it’s reading something from your face that precludes it from depicting Asian eyes?

Just tried it. This thing makes me look like Genghis Khan… and I’m not even Asian (although I do fantasize that I am one when watching one of my samurai movies).

Maybe yours and mine got swapped? :wink:

hecep

5 Likes

I’ll bet the AI is quaking in its reboots.

8 Likes

I like how it is face only because it prevents images from being manipulated into something sexual by a third party.

Also I like the results so far but it did “paint” my mom as a bearded guy and put pirate whiskers on my two year old. Seems shadows, hats, and like @frauenfelder mentioned the output image never has teeth, so, upload an image with mouth closed or it won’t match the way you expect.

4 Likes

This is extremely cool.

2 Likes

I guess that it takes the world decades to iterate a knoxblox; while this thing can evolve at a far higher rate. I wonder if they will link the AI up to a robotic arm and let it have a go with oil paints?

1 Like

Doubt it. Try instead:

1 Like

Well, it worked with elephants.

1 Like

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk cable and ran away to the circuits.

4 Likes

Pretty pictures? Conspicuous consumption? Hoarding old junk?

1 Like

Avoiding the full-body AI tattoo that emphasizes every change since from mis-stacking abs to adding limbs where there is merely half a cheesecake?

1 Like