Facemaker AI turns a face sketch into a photo of a face

Originally published at: Facemaker AI turns a face sketch into a photo of a face | Boing Boing

2 Likes

A photorealistic Chucky, perhaps.

4 Likes

Yes, it works flawlessly.

5 Likes

Well, I don’t think that it poses much competition to Beschizza just yet.

8 Likes

Imaginary AI face guy seems friendly…

3 Likes

I’ve seen some similar AI image creators that use this kind of interface that work really, really well… this one, not so much. I’m trying to think if any were trying to do photo-realistic faces, but I think so. Not sure where the artifacts in this case are coming from… I’m sure they didn’t, but it looks like they trained the system on super-low-resolution/heavily compressed images.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks; I hate it.

8 Likes

Yeah. I’m not playing.

4 Likes

Dammit. I saw you’d commented and hoped you’d produced something amazing, horrifying or both. DIS. APP. OINTED!

7 Likes

I imagine a playful, rollicking satyr… with melting eyes and tentacle hair.

4 Likes

eh ??? close enough !!

4 Likes

Works!

3 Likes

Works!

3 Likes

CronenbergAI, patent pending.

3 Likes

ai-face
This is a little animation of several of the ai’s interpretations of the image without making any changes to the image. I see some potential here for much more interesting animation.

9 Likes

They all look fine to me. But then I always have trouble recognising faces. Can we just email?

2 Likes

It’s not easy making something from scratch that comes out realistic looking (at least it wasn’t for me).

This dude, who still needs lots of work, showed up eventually after much fiddling. This is kind of interesting, because the ai, after it did its learning,
was teaching me.

3 Likes

The ai teaches me.

She seems interesting.

2 Likes

I was pretty sure I’d seen those seed faces before.

1 Like