This alchemist's guide to alcoholic beverages is clever and lovely

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/11/this-alchemists-guide-to-alc.html

6 Likes

Shouldn’t “American Beer” be closest to water?

10 Likes

The answer is always Whiskey, and your welcome.

1 Like

True, but some of the small craft breweries don’t believe in the ‘all the hops we have’ theory.

2 Likes

I like it, but it’s pretty obvious to me that a peated scotch should have comparable amounts of fire and “earth”.

8 Likes

Everclear doesn’t burn?

3 Likes

Roger that!

2 Likes

[checks for grappa] - okay, we’re good.

1 Like

I thought that was Watney’s Red Barrel?

1 Like

Interesting how all my favorites (B&B, Drambuie, etc.) fall in the color range of blue/indigo/purple.

1 Like

Hey! This is me! Here’s my store page where you get get posters/etc. made of this artwork:

(I’ll try to make that store link more easily findable from wherever you found the original artwork)

18 Likes

@AndreaJames we have a shop link now… thanks @Rego_Sen and welcome to BoingBoing please stick around as you seem like a nice mutant to have around here.

9 Likes

Yes, thank you! Christmas is coming early for one of my friends :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would’ve placed pisco and grappa more towards the fire corner.

1 Like

I believe that Watney’s Red barrel is less like water and more like sewage.

3 Likes

What kind of Tequila is this guy drinking, he’s got them backwards, “reposado” is a lot smoother than “blanco”, Sure, “reposado” is smokier because it takes on the flavor of the wood but “blanco” is the one that actually burns.
And no, a good tequila should not burn, the more it burns, the cheaper it is.
Otherwise this is pretty cool.

*Disclaimer: Not all tequila is the same, if all you’re drinking is Cuervo you may get the wrong impression of what a good tequila shoud taste like. Cazadores is a good, relatively inexpensive tequila that’s a better reference.

3 Likes

One tequila
Two tequila
Three tequila
Floor

3 Likes

Where would Bénédictine be on here? I just want to know for the next time I am in Burnley.

2 Likes

Generally, it’s in my cognac (B&B).

2 Likes

I looked all over for that link! Glad you linked it more prominently at URLs where the image appears. It’s such a fun piece!

1 Like