This baseball cap style full head covering protects against the elements while outdoors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/18/this-baseball-cap-style-full-h.html

I have no idea what ‘the stark stocking cap look’ is. but if this thing is completely unlike it then I’ll have the stark stocking cap look, please.

When putting together a sun protection outfit a couple years ago (I hate sunscreen), I seriously considered getting something like this, but ended up going with a wide-brimmed hat and nothing but sunglasses covering my face (and a turtleneck-type sun protection shirt that can be pulled up from below, if I ever really need the greatest possible protection). I like the protection this cap provides, but was afraid of busybodies and pants-wetters calling the cops on me if I looked like that. Looking back, maybe that was for the best- the cap-with-flaps looks like it would trap heat a lot more than a brimmed hat, even with a turtleneck or scarf covering the face.

2 Likes

You know, for summer.

2 Likes

But what if I need protection from the elements while indoors?

3 Likes

Looks like it’s worth at least 200 caps

1 Like

I thought mocrofiber was not as safe as cotton, for masking material. Recent studies showed that “neck gaiters” of poly fleece actually broke droplets up into smaller particles that could escape the face covering & fly further.

A posh upgrade for the 21st Century mad bomber about town.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.