Back-to-school must-have: pink bullet-proof backpack

[Read the post]

Meh

Most kids have enough books in their bag to stop at least a .45cal round!

And those spikes would just annoy, (unless they have a curare-coated option? :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Sell the fear!! All it needs is something to stop the evil vaccines and it’s ready to go!

8 Likes

I know mine does cause he does not want to mess with his locker.

2 Likes

“The book was better…”

Tactical fashion. The only kind of fashion that’s interesting. More of that, please!

Here you go

1 Like

Sweet!

…I wonder how good the bulletproof lab coat would be against shrapnels of “self-disassembling” lab setups…

3 Likes

There is a maker, I want to say in Brazil, that makes bullet proof trench coats. Almost a lab coat. I looked into it for my then wife, but they are very expensive. Its basically tailored clothing prices + kevlar.

Here it is - he’s from Columbia.
http://www.miguelcaballerofashion.com

2 Likes

Damn it, I knew I should’ve waited to buy my new backpack.

2 Likes

… Pretty sure those hat disks would get your kid expelled from school under zero tolerance policies.

The models don’t look like drug dealers…

1 Like

My classmate to whom I bartered schoolwork for protection used a heavy bunch of keys on a chain.

There’s a lot of ordinary objects that can be repurposed into weapons.

3 Likes

It’s not really all that good against a .357 round – 39 mm deflection into a clay backing. That’s gonna leave a mark!

Probably far better for self-disassembling glassware, but be sure to wear your eye protection.

1 Like

[quote=“frauenfelder, post:1, topic:64128”]“Just attach the thick, quarter-sized aluminum disc to the back of your baseball-style cap. Whip your cap off and fight back with the Strike Spike’s short but ultra-sharp spikes. Or wear it on your watch band so you can strike an assailant before he even gets a chance.”[/quote]This cries out for a demonstration video, as I have great difficulty understanding how any such maneuvers would function in a combat situation.

The video, of course, would not possibly be complete without dramatic music and the destruction of several watermelons.

1 Like

That is all fine and dandy, but the keys have a main intended purpose other than smashing people in the face. Those disks do not serve another purpose other than as a weapon, and a fairly poor one at that.

1 Like

True. More dual-use version is needed.

shit, in my day you would just pick up the metal trash can by the teachers desk if you wanted to do some damage.

1 Like

You feel safe now, little girl? That backpack isn’t going to stop a terrorist’s bomb, is it?

Remember, if they have a uniform, its not “groping” :cry: its a Freedom Frisk! :smiley:

7 Likes