This bot automatically entered Twitter giveaways, won four times a day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/08/this-bot-automatically-entered.html

5 Likes

Awesomeness in every respect.

4 Likes

Of course twitter will adjust the parameters. Next he needs his program to automatically sense and adjust it’s settings to account for that. Then we could have dueling algos in the attention economy just like we do on Wall Street.

2 Likes

That’s pretty nice, though he should be careful he doesn’t fall into the “ignorant script randomly does something horrible” trap.

4 Likes

. . . .and just like that, Skynet became self-aware. And kept the Mexican soap opera hat, which it placed on its CPU before nuking humanity back to the stone age.

5 Likes

Did he name the bot Lazlo?

6 Likes

The “Real Genius” reference. Nice. Of course, Jon Gries would later gain immortal fame as Uncle Rico.

2 Likes

This bot is from at least three years ago. I remember being inspired by the video to try and duplicate the author’s success (I wasn’t the only one to try either, twitter contest bots started trending on Github). Had some mild success, got a hat, a tshirt, some rumcakes. Some other items I can’t recall. Eventually Twitter got wise to my bot and banned it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.