This bundle might make you want to become a project manager

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/11/this-bundle-might-make-you-wan.html

A man walks into a pet store, and he wants to buy a monkey. He looks at the first monkey and, well, the monkey looks normal, he’s doing normal monkey things, and the guy asks, "How much for this monkey?"
The store manager replies "$5000."
The guy says, "$5000? Are you kidding? That’s daylight robbery!"
The store manager explains: "You see, this is a programmer monkey. He knows a little bit of VB6."
The guy continues to look around, and notices another monkey doing really interesting hoops in his cage. Clearly this is a very bright monkey. The guy asks, "Well then how much for this one?"
The store manager replies, "$10000"
The guy is flabbergasted. "Wow, you really are kidding me this time!"
The store manager explains: "You see, this monkey can do C#, Java, AND C++. He’s a really smart monkey."
So the guy decides that he needs to aim lower, and keeps looking around until he notices a really dull monkey who is really not doing anything, just sitting in a corner, obviously quite low IQ. The guy thinks to himself, this monkey is more my speed, I think … He asks, "OK, how much for this one?"
The store manager replies, "Oh this monkey is $50,000."
The guy yells back, "GIVE ME A BREAK! What is so great about this monkey?"
The store manager explains: “Well, I’m not sure, he just sits around all day, does nothing, and calls himself a project manager.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.