This cat in Japan has the most disturbing meow: 'ololiloliloliloliloliiiloli'

Yeah i was thinking the same, and the sound while exaggerated and weird it sounds like the type a cat would make when upset.

10 Likes

It screaming time? Ok I scream!

My grandma used to have a dog like Cody. Hers didn’t scream though, although whenever grandma left to do errands etc, the dog would lie down and sob. It was heart wrenching and sounded very much like human crying.

4 Likes

Name that cat St. Alia of the Knife.

1 Like

This reminds me of an Instagram poster who uploaded a short video of their cat experiencing diarrhea on their bed. Even after dozens of people chimed in (even shelter workers), the poster still refused to accept the idea that the cat was ill, and insisted the cat was doing it just to piss the poster off.
I seriously doubt the cat ever made it to the vet, and the number of ignorant posts from people who seemed to be on the same level as the poster was astounding.

There really should be a test people should have to pass in order to be a pet owner.

7 Likes

I played this for my cat, and she gave me the same look! :pouting_cat:

6 Likes

I have had many male cats that made this sound when they felt scared or threatened. I had one cat that would always make this sound during the scene in the movie Bolt when the cat wants to give up and stay in the cardboard box and Bolt wants to continue on the adventure. He did not like them arguing.

7 Likes

It is mimicry. Cats can do mimicry like a parrot, but more crude.

Lots of cat owners will tell you about cats chirping at birds (and there are plenty of videos of this). There’s a very famous video of the cat barking at a dog and getting caught. This, my friends, is what a cat sounds like mimicking a human. There’s even the subtle, yet distinct, Japanese accent in this cat’s mimicry that differentiates it tonally from the other cats on the internet exhibiting this behavior, such as in some of the videos posted above.

Honestly, I’m not sure why this isn’t a documented fact about cats. I’m not sure why they evolved the behavior, though. I don’t think birds are falling for cat chirps. They just aren’t that convincing.

6 Likes

That is so freaky and so hilarious at the same time, I’m just… perplexed! LOL a dog who just screams, hahaha!

Yeah, most people train their dogs to make aggressive barking noises on cue for the purpose of scaring away possible home intruders. That’s way more effective!

5 Likes

Was just going to post Oh Long Johnson!

2 Likes

Ugh - we have birds for that. Can you imagine hearing your phone ring 500 times a day? When your parrot copies it, that’s what can happen.

Also doorbells, other pets, Family members calling out to each other.

Hearing your son shout “Hey Mom!” 5 times, when you just dropped him off at soccer practice. So creepy.

And then, the bird that just wanted a snack or your attention, gets the drape tossed over its cage for its efforts.

Anyone else have this?

5 Likes

Thanks, kb. This is what is needed here. That’s a cat being stressed for internet amusement. We don’t know what is pressing his buttons (the camera? some other prop or action?) but I really get the vibe of “Make him do it again, I’ll hold the camera!” and Señor Gato’s saying, “Please stop, it’s terrifying” in the only language he has.

3 Likes

Of course she did. It’s the equivilant of her kitty correspondant saying there are terrifying things on the border and we need to do something immediately!

3 Likes

Sounds like the stylized onomatopoeia from Jojo’s read literally again

6 Likes

That’s pretty creepy man.

1 Like

Not as creepy as stressing little creatures for kicks-n-clicks.

3 Likes

Jojo is a gift from the Noodly God. We’re lucky to see such bizarreness.

5 Likes

And it has such well drawn animals

5 Likes

Tuvan throat singing, or chants (Buddhist or Christian monks). Or…

5 Likes

If you haven’t heard this before, you have a pretty chilled-out cat or you’ve never had a cat. Or you are deaf. The possibilities…

Otherwise, this is the sound that a cat makes just before it kicks someone or somethings ass. It’s a warning. I’d also wager that the cat in the video is a male that hasn’t been neutered.

Also, it’s a totally normal cat sound. Get a cat, you guys.

2 Likes