This cheap bidet is amazing

For the hirsute, I recommend the pads with the scouring strip.

Edit: also required is a proper spreader “clamp”

5 Likes

… But he seems to have been banned.

Correct. But that has nothing to do with why.

1 Like

My electronic version adds ultrasonic bubbles to the water stream with a double-press of the activation button.

2 Likes

I dropped about $AU400 on a Samsung[1] bidet seat a few years ago from a South Korean seller on eBay.

It has all the mod cons - ultrasonic water agitator, adjustable temperature heated water and seat, warm air dryer, water filter, adjustable intensity/nozzle placement and infra-red remote control.

As it was from SK, it will work on 240V and I just cut the end off the cable and added an Aussie plug.

[1] Yes, Samsung make bidets.

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone is still reading this thread but I just saw woot has the Toto B150 for $275 shipped for the next 24 hr and thought of you.

Now I am left wondering how one knows when the job is thoroughly finished. When you wipe with paper, you pretty much keep wiping until you manage a wipe with no skidmarks on it. Or as close as you can get to that ideal state, anyway. (Tough as hell with a hairy crack, y’know.)

So do these things blast off for a fixed interval that you can trust has done the job? Is an inspection mirror necessary? What if one’s dingleberries are particularly water-insoluble due to high lipid content?

Mom never taught me this stuff.

P.S. Wrote this on the can. Honestly.

3 Likes

Not sure how the $25 one from the OP works but most bidets have an on/off switch. Switch it on (wince a little in surprise), wait til you feel clean, switch it off.

They’re not entirely a replacement for toilet paper either, as you still need to dry the water off before you put your underwear back on. That gives ample opportunity for an, ahem, more in-depth inspection of your cleanliness once you’ve finished spraying.

2 Likes

I assume that’s a mental state, rather than a physical one, unless other people’s buttcheeks are more sensitive to a “missed a spot” state than my own are. In lieu of a physical wipe, I have no idea whether a five-second hose-off is generally sufficient, or if one needs something closer to a 30-second blast to approach social acceptability.

I guess one needs to experiment!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.