This clip from Three Thousand Years of Longing will have you longing for the film's release

Originally published at: This clip from Three Thousand Years of Longing will have you longing for the film's release | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Okay, but I’ve never heard of it. What is this movie about? What’s its basic premise?

2 Likes

A widow goes on an adventure after her husband dies, and finds a bottle in a market in Marrakesh. The bottle has a genie in it. The genie tries to convince her to make a wish. She, unfortunately for that plan, has read enough to know that there is not a single story about making wishes which is not a cautionary tale, and refuses to do so. The genie tells her of some of the things he’s experienced in his life. Eventually, she makes a wish, which surprises them both.

That last sentence is what George Miller said about it: I know no more than that. But it looks gorgeous, and given everyone involved in making it on both sides of the camera, I’m very keen to see it.

7 Likes

(No joke) it’s a high concept romantic comedy, he is a genie wanting to be free, she is a scholar of mythology.

I’m getting Defending Your Life vibes.

3 Likes

I like both actors and I like sarcasm, so I’m in. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

“O.K. fine. I want 1) Idris Elba, 2) Naked, 3) In my hotel room.”

“—but I’m already…”

“Oh my you work fast!

7 Likes

From the trailer, and from that clip, it’s VERY well deserved Oscar Bait.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this one to be released; hopefully it’s worth the watch.

Direct quote from the first trailer.

4 Likes

Agree with the consensus, this looks really interesting. I’m in.

1 Like

It’s Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton in bathrobes. Really, what more do you need to know?

2 Likes

Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton, doing comedy? i’m in.

2 Likes

I mean, it has Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton and was directed by George Miller… I think it could suck and still somehow be amazing.

See Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

4 Likes

Looks great, and I love that they’re using one of my favorite songs by Suuns as the audio identity for this and the trailer: Suuns - “2020”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.