This concrete espresso machine is countertop Brutalism

I must defer to your superior knowledge of the matter, while noting that there do appear to have been some brutalists who really ought to have found someone suitable to defer to when they were actually trying to build things.

Also, while the phrase “mit der Pumpe” please me greatly, any chance that is available in translation, or should I brave the hostile waters of machine translation? My “barely remembered Latin is a second language?” skills aren’t really cutting it.

It is a basic single-boiler vibration-pump home espresso machine. These have been around for 50 years.

At their web site they say,

There has been surprisingly little innovation in the world of espresso machines

…which couldn’t be more wrong, the amount of innovation in espresso machine technology since the first machines has been staggering.

Coincidentally, our “home” espresso machine – a fairly serious semicommercial one – kind of blew up tonight, I’m going to have to rebuild one of the boilers. To diagnose, the first thing I did was take off the top and side panels. Good thing the housing wasn’t a single block of concrete!

Make that your Twitter slogan. I dare you.

1 Like

I don’t tweet.

Not even using Hootsuite?

iu

Nah. I don’t use Facebook, Twitter, etc. Safer that way as far as keeping a handle on my personal information. I like their logo though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.